Benefits & Waivers
Newly-enrolled THN Accountable Care Organization (ACO) patients should receive a beneficiary notification letter about your benefit enhancements. Approved by the Centers for Medicare Services (CMS), these benefits are provided at no additional cost to you.
- Telehealth: Ask your doctor about receiving some services using telehealth. Using technology such as a computer or smart phone, you can visit your doctor or certain specialists without leaving your home.
- Nursing Homes: Medicare allows doctors who work with us to admit you to certain nursing homes any time you need skilled nursing care, even if you have not had a 3-day hospital stay typically required by Medicare.
- Home Visits after Hospital Stays: THN can send nurses and other staff to your home up to 9 times after you’re discharged from a hospital. They will help you follow the discharge plan your doctor writes.
- Reduced or Eliminated Out-of-Pocket Expenses: Medicare allows THN to reduce or eliminate your costs for some Medicare Part B services delivered by THN providers.
- Rewards for Participation in Programs: In some instances, Medicare allows THN to provide you with a gift card for participation in a program that can help you better manage diabetes, high blood pressure, heart failure, depression, or other health conditions.