Return to Provider Search Results
Gautam K. Kale, MD
Specialties and/or Subspecialties
Medicine to me has always been a calling and my first love and I consider it a great privilege and honor to be able to be provide state of art, timely, personalized, compassionate and comprehensive care to my patients. Knowing and caring for my patients has always and continues to enriches my life and helps me grow a person and I would not trade it for anything else. I believe that really "listening" to my patients allows me to provide the most appropriate and personalized medical care and forge healing relationships.
I decided to join Cone Cancer Center due to exceptional physicians and nurses that call this place home and a responsive administration that is focused on continuously improving the way patients here are cared for.
Outside of work, I find joy and fulfillment with my family (wife, two boys, mom, sister, dog). I enjoy traveling and spending time with nature.
Areas of Interest
Areas of interest include Hematologic Malignancies (CLL, CML, lymphomas, myeloma & other plasma cell disorders), Benign Hematology (anemia, myelodysplastic syndrome, clotting and bleeding disorders, iron disorders), Immuno-Oncology (using immunological and targeted therapies for solid tumors) and General Oncology (cancers of lung, breast, colon/rectum, pancreas, esophagus/stomach, liver/gall bladder,kidney/urinary bladder, prostate, head and neck including thyroid cancers.)
- B.J. Medical College, University of Pune, India
- The University of Tennessee and The University of Memphis, M.S., Biomedical Engineering
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- University of Missouri/Ellis Fischel Cancer Center, Hematology / Oncology
- American Society of Hematology (ASH)
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
Honors, Awards, etc.
- National Cancer Institute (NCI) - CTEP (Cancer therapy Evaluation Program) fellowship Award - specialized training in immuno-oncology, targeted cancer treatment and cancer research. April 2016
- Visiting Chief Fellow, UNC Chapel Hill - Specialized training in complex blood clotting disorders, bleeding disorders and benign hematology. Sept. 2016
- School of Breast Oncology diploma - specialized training in Breast Cancer hosted at Emory University, Atlanta, GA.
- Hematology fellows Consortium Award - Charleston, SC - one of 17 fellows from US/Europe chosen for specialized hematology training.
- American Medical Association (AMA) Physician recognition award 2011-2014
- Outstanding Hematology/Oncology fellow award - Missouri ASCO chapter.
- Professionalism Award - Department of Medicine, University of Missouri.
Cone Health Cancer Center at Wesley Long
2400 W. Friendly Avenue