Research shows that patients want to remain in control of their care and discuss options with the provider who knows them best – their family doctor. Primary palliative care is needed in any medical discipline and it begins when providers weigh the options with their patients and make a plan (NEJM, 2013).
Today’s conversation can prevent tomorrow’s crisis.
Triad HealthCare Network (THN) is committed to promoting primary palliative care across our community. One of our commitments to you, the primary care practice, is to equip you with helpful resources to meet demand and do the right thing. Therefore, we are very excited to introduce to you The Advance Care Planning Provider Toolkit.
Handmade by THN physician leaders, this teal binder is a go-to guide for the official forms, local resources, and good talking tips of advance care planning. It covers the continuum of care for all adults: from discussing a new disease all the way to planning for life’s end.
We have compiled many of these resources and links below. To claim your toolkit and schedule its delivery, click here.
- Click here to find a notary in your area- NC is one of the few remaining states where end of life wishes must be notarized.
- Addressing Goals of Care – REMAP
- Advance Care Planning Resources
- Atul Gawande’s Five Questions
- Begin the Conversation Workbook
- Breaking Bad News – SPIKES
- Discussing Prognosis – ADAPT
- Local Hospice and Palliative Care Resources
- MOST and DNR Order Form
- NC Advance Directive – Short Form (English)
- Serious Illness Conversation Guide (Print front/back for best viewing)
- Preparing Advance Directives: Coming Soon