The Triad HealthCare Network PGY2 Ambulatory Care Pharmacy Residency Program has been designed to foster the development of a clinician that is able to apply evidence-based medicine in the ambulatory care environment with focus on applying these skills in the Accountable Care Organization health care model or other advancing ambulatory care pharmacy setting, as well as qualify as a board certified ambulatory care pharmacist. This will be achieved through interdisciplinary and independent learning opportunities in a variety of diverse clinical areas.
- Establish a collaborative interdisciplinary practice.
- In a collaborative interdisciplinary ambulatory practice provide efficient, effective, and evidence-based patient-centered treatment for chronic and/or acute illnesses in all degrees of complexity.
- Demonstrate leadership and practice management skills.
- Promote health improvement, wellness, and disease prevention.
- Demonstrate excellence in the provision of training or educational activities for health care professionals and health care professionals in training.
- Serve as an authoritative resource on the optimal use of medications.
Upon completion of this residency, the resident will be prepared for a variety of job opportunities in ambulatory care, including a faculty position, clinical position, or accountable care organization.
- Program Overview
- Purpose & Outcomes
- Program Structure- Example
- About the Preceptors
- About Triad HealthCare Network
A candidate must have the following for consideration:
- PharmD Degree
- Completion of PGY1 Residency
- Eligibility for NC Licensure
Applications are due January 3, 2017. Interviews will begin late January, early February. For more information, or to apply, contact Dawn Pettus.
The PGY2 Ambulatory Care Pharmacy Residency conducted by Triad HealthCare Network in Greensboro, NC is accredited by ASHP.